Monday, August 31, 2009

They Grow Too Fast!


Ava learned how to give great kisses about a week ago. They are nice and slobbery and full of love I'm sure. Mainly she just sucks on your face and licks but we think it is super cute!!
So Ava tried rice cereal for the first time last night. She has been so curious about food for awhile now so we figured it was time. I'm not sure how much she liked it as most of it was drooled out but it was sure fun to watch! This is her before picture...
This is her during picture. She wanted to test out the spoon and make sure it tasted ok.
This is her after picture. She made a pretty good mess and the cereal is all over her face. We think she might get the hang of it... She liked holding the spoon anyways.
On another note (yes we are a little slow) last night was the first time Ava slept in her crib in her nursery. Yes she is 5 months and yes she does have an overprotective and lazy mom. Most people move their babies to another room after a few weeks, but it was just so hard for us to do. It was so fun to hear her wake up in the morning cooing and blowing bubbles and so easy to pick her up in the middle of the night and feed her and put her back in the bassinet all without getting out of bed. Also I always knew she was safe when she was right next to us (except the time I flung a roach at her in the middle of the night - but that is a story for another time). However the other day when I went to pick her up after her nap and saw that she had turned over in the bassinet... I figured she had officially outgrown it. It was a sad day and I did get a little teary eyed leaving the nursery and walking the whole 5 feet to our bedroom knowing she would be sleeping in there alone. I don't think I slept very well either... I was paranoid all night (I blame watching 24 to that though - everything makes me paranoid these days :)). But she did well and we will all get more used to it as the days go by. I can't believe she is already 5 months old. It feels like just yesterday we were bringing her home for the first time but then again it feels like we have had her forever - in a good way! We love her and couldn't imagine life without her!

2 comments:

Jessica and Rod said...

You're such a nice mom ... unlike me! They're out of my room before they turn 6 weeks!

mashby said...

Don't worry Danielle, it was hard for me to move Max over to the crib too - I probably would have waited, but his sprawled out sleeping style was not working with the tiny basinett!!