Monday, August 24, 2009

Friends, Family, & Fun

I can never get these pictures to post in the right order but oh well... Ava approves of this message!
So we moved into our new ward a few weeks ago and saw a baby that looked a lot like Ava. They could almost be little twins. Her name is McKenna and she is about a month and a half older than Ava. Her dad started school with Dave so they will be able to grow up together for a few years and be little friends. We'll see if they keep looking alike over the years... Ava didn't want to smile for the picture though she just wanted to touch McKenna's face so you can't really see the resemblance too well in this shot - you'll just have to trust us.

On another note I think I am one of the most ditzy people alive. So I called my mom this morning mainly just to shoot the breeze (because I do that pretty much everyday) and I was just talking to her about various things and then she asked me, "Danielle, do you know what today is?" I paused for a second and saw that it was August 24th and realized it was my mom's birthday.... Whoops! I would have known that if I would have looked on a calendar earlier but all the days just seem to run together and I never know what date it is. I know that is a bad excuse but it really is the truth. So anyways Happy Birthday Mom!! These last 2 pictures are for you. Ava misses you and so do I. I hope you have a great birthday and know that we love you!!

3 comments:

Jesica and Chris Fowler said...

THEY ARE TWINNERS! It's crazy! Ava is just a doll! Don't worry about the whole date thing... we all do that! When I'm not working all the days just run together! We are so excited you guys are here and that McKenna will have a little friend!!! We'll see you tomorrow!!

Carrie said...

I'm so glad Ava has such a cute twin friend. It's great to hear things are going so well in AZ. Can't wait to see pictures of the house! Miss you!

Mandy and Mark said...

That is cute. There was a baby in our ward who looked a lot like Rachel when they were around Ava and McKenna's age, but now they don't look anything alike! Rachel's hair went white/blond, and Sadie's stayed dark. We'll see what happens for you!