Saturday, August 1, 2009

Rollin' over in Arizona

Sorry it has been a while since we last posted. The last few weeks have been pretty crazy as we have packed up and moved out of Texas to Arizona. It has been a lot of work but well worth it. We love our new home here in Glendale and we have almost got it set up. We'll have to take pictures and post them later. Who knew that getting settled in would take so much work and so much time. We have now lived here 2 whole weeks. Dave and my parents drove our cars and a huge Penske truck out here on the 17th of July and Ava and I flew on the 18th. I was really nervous for that but Ava did pretty well on the flight until the final descent when I swear the pilot dropped us from 30,000 feet to the ground in about 5 minutes. I hate the feeling of dropping and lets just say about every 5 seconds we were dropping more and more. So I guess both Ava and I did well on the flight until the final descent when we both started freaking out. I hate flying!! Oh and to make matters worse when we landed we bounced on the runway... I thought we were going to die! Thankfully we made it and it has been great. We miss Texas and our friends out there but really have enjoyed this new location. Oh and in case you were wondering which state is hotter... I couldn't tell you - both are just hot! We were sweating moving out of Texas and sweating moving in to Arizona. I don't mind it though I actually prefer the heat so it is all good.
On a more exciting note though Ava rolled over for the first time today! I had her on tummy time and saw that she was trying to push herself over so I just cheered her on and the next thing I knew she was on her back. I went and got Dave to see if she would do it again and sure enough she showed Dave that she could do it too. We were so proud of her. Also we had her 4 month well check at the Pediatrician this week and Ava is only 12 lbs 5 oz (the 20th percentile for weight) and 24 inches (40% for height). She is just a little thing and we love it.
Oh and I almost forgot the most exciting news!! Ava got her brace off this week too. They x-rayed her hip and said it looked great so she now only has to wear it at night when she's sleeping. We were so excited to hear that! It is so much fun cuddling with her with the brace off.
So things are going great in Arizona. Busy but great! Dave starts his orientation for school on Tuesday and then school starts on the next Monday, August 10th. We are really excited about it and the campus is beautiful. We live less than half a mile away from it which is really nice too. I even think I might see Dave more in Medical school than I did in Pest Control! :)

3 comments:

Jen&Joe said...

Your little girl is so cute! Yeah you guys moved to Arizona! finally! You'll love it here.. its way better than TX. No hurricanes and you definitely wont be getting jump by people here.haha. Will have to meet up and all go to dinner or something! call us do you still have our number?

and our baby is due beg of Oct!

Courtney said...

Congrats on the move. We are in the middle of our move from an apt to a house, which has taken over the last week and a half. It is such a long process!

I can't wait for you to post pictures- glad to hear everything is going well. Do you like being a stay at home mom?

Anonymous said...

Yahoo! you are here! Can't wait to see you guys! That little AVA is just precious! So glad all Ashby kids are in AZ!!!

Loves and hugs, Goo and fam