


One of our good friends took some adorable pictures of Ella for us a few days after she was born. They turned out so cute! Thank you so much Kristi we really appreciate you doing that for us even though Ella wouldn't cooperate and stay asleep :)!
I can't believe that our little Ella turned 6 weeks old on Wednesday. It feels like just yesterday that we were heading to the hospital, yet I can't remember what it was like without her in our family. She is such a sweet and content baby and Ava just loves her too (sometimes a little too much). I think the first 6 weeks are the hardest after having a baby. Just adjusting to no sleep :) and to a new member of the family. The last little bit has been so easy though. I feel like I am getting the hang of having 2 kids and going out is so much easier. I am grateful for that. Ella is sleeping so much better too! The last few nights have been great and hopefully they last.
Ella looks so much like Ava did at her age. It is crazy to look at pictures and see the similarities. Ava will be 2 in a week and a half and I can't believe how quickly the time has flown by. It makes me sad but I love seeing the different stages they go through. Ava is my little buddy and has been such a champ through this transition. We bought her a toddler bed yesterday so we'll see how that transition goes :) but she is such a sweet little girl and I love the stage she is in. She is so curious about everything and is constantly talking - which I am pretty sure happened over night. She puts words into sentences and she communicates so well. She is so funny. Some of my favorite Ava quotes are, "I'm gonna get you" as she runs away from us for us to chase her - she especially loves this game with her daddy when he comes home from school. Another one is "It's ok, no wors (worries)" she normally says this after she has loved Ella a little too much and Ella is screaming. It cracks me up! The other day we were on a walk and Ella started crying and Ava said, "It's ok, no wors! Hungry? Yeah!" It was so funny because she was answering for Ella and Ella was hungry. You probably had to be there to hear Ava say it but it was probably one of the funniest things she's said.
Ella rolled over from her stomach to her back a week ago Thursday. I am sure it was a fluke thing but I wouldn't be suprised if she starts doing things early just for protection sake from her big sister. I know Ava can't wait until Ella is big enough to play with her. She is always trying to get Ella to play "zoeys" with her. I don't know where "zoey" came from but that is the name of all her little dolls - and those dolls go with her EVERYWHERE. She loves holding little figures and it is very hard for her to give them up when she finds some at other people's homes.
But all in all these last 6 weeks have been a lot of fun and a lot easier than I thought it would be. I've even run twice since my 6 weeks mark - which was just on Wed. so that is pretty good and I am proud of myself. It is a pretty good workout pushing a double jogger! Life is great though and we are enjoying this stage we are in!








4 comments:
You have the most BEAUTIFUL babies! Congratulations!
She is a beautiful! I loved the pictures especially the ones with Dave and you and the squished up face one.
Ava cracks me up. I love the "no wors!"
Such a sweet, cute little babe! It's fun that Ava loves your new one so much! I loved the doll playing story, how Ava could answer for her about being hungry, and no wors...she will keep you hopping!
I'm so glad that life with two is going well. I thought baby number two was much easier too.
Still no news from this side of the world, but happy you have your two little girls!
Post a Comment