Sunday, March 27, 2011

Birthdays & Blessings

So this is our crazy little Ava! She started sleeping in her "big girl" toddler bed the day after my last post and she loves it. We couldn't resist taking this picture of her a few nights ago where she insisted that she sleep with this "hat" (bowl) on her head and positioned herself at the end of the bed to keep it on. She is seriously such a funny little girl and has more personality than anything I could have ever dreamed up. I love it! My cute little family! The first night in her new bed! She did awesome in it I was so impressed/grateful :)
See LOTS of personality! This is how she decided to eat her dinner one night... As you can imagine she didn't eat much of it.
So tomorrow (in about an hour) our little princess turns 2
So we had a little princess party for her on Saturday night with some of her little friends

We searched for Princess Jewels (aka easter eggs) and had a cupcake/princess musical wand walk
And ate some delicious princess cake
I can't believe our little girl is 2. I swear we just had her. She is such a fun little girl and we love having her in our home! Dave and I constantly look at her and ask each other when she grew up. It was seriously over night. This morning she woke up asking for "one more present." That is her new favorite phrase. But one more normally means a lot more than one. Good thing we had a family party for her today :)

Align Center So this is how the morning started in preparation for Ella's blessing in church :) Thankfully it didn't end that way...
Our beautiful little baby in her blessing dress

She didn't even make a peep during her blessing


What a sweetheart!
Our Wonderful Family that came for the blessing


Birthday Party #2 with all her Ashby cousins


Exhausted from the over stimulated, sugar rush weekend (her mouth was blue from the ring pop she was eating) she fell asleep on our lovesac. It was a crazy and busy weekend, but so much fun and we were glad we were able to spend it with our friends and family!

5 comments:

Katie Lady said...

I love the bowl picture. That's hilarious! Congrats on Ella. She is beautiful!

Paul said...

Two posts in the same month... It's a miracle. I need to schedule a business trip to AZ soon because those kids are getting cuter and cuter by the minute.

Jessica and Rod said...

I wasn't even invited to the baby blessing. Am I still wonderful?

Anonymous said...

Wow, it sounds like Ava was in heaven with the parties and presents and sweets! She is such a funny girl! I love her "hat" thing that she concaucted in order to sleep with it on! Too cute! Ella is gettting big too! She has gorgous big eyes like Ava does.

mashby said...

Oh my goodness - she is in a big girl bed!?!?! AHHH!!! I am so scared of that with Max. Sounds like she's a champ!! You guys know how to throw some great parties - we had such a good time on Sunday!! :)