Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Our Potty Princess

I wish I had pictures for this post but I don't know if you would want to see them. Today was Ava's 2 month check up at the Pediatrician - We can't believe she is that old! Anyways, Ava created quite a mess there. They did the routine temperature check (in her bottom) and she decided it would be a great time to poop all over the table and nurse. It was lovely! Then it came time to weigh her. I put her on the scale and then was told to remove her diaper to get an accurate weight... Bad idea! She peed all over the scale and herself. Apparently she hasn't learned to control her bodily functions but we are working on that :). Ava now weighs 10 lbs. 3 oz. and is 22 1/4 inches long (the 25% for both height and weight - she is a little thing and we love her so much!).

5 comments:

Jessica and Rod said...

I've never had a doctor check the girls' temps that way ... and I'm glad!

Mandy and Mark said...

My doctor always checks temps in their ears. That hasn't stopped my kids from peeing and pooping on doctors and nurses at other points during the check-up though.

Anonymous said...

Wow, way to go Ava! That's what they get for subjecting you to such humiliations.

Dan and Dee said...

I love the house. It is so nice! Good job to your brother-in-law and what a good find!
LOVE the pics of the baby, w/dad, w/mom...etc.
Glad to see you posting more often!

KMF & DSF said...

Dan and I just remembered your blog name! Ava is beautiful and I love her funny potty stories! Congratulations on your new home as well, What a fun new adventure! I see it possibly has a few extra rooms, does that mean you guys would love and welcome visitors?!?! =)