Friday, January 7, 2011

Glad I Wasn't Home

So I just pulled into my garage about 20 minutes ago to see a cop car outside. I thought to myself, "I'm glad I am going the speed limit and stopped at the stop sign!" I go inside and hear something at my front door - someone talking on a walkie talkie. I thought that was interesting that the cop was at my door so I opened it up to find him taking finger prints off of our door. He told me that while we were gone someone had tried to break into our home! Apparently the person rang the front door and tried breaking in because no one answered. He couldn't get in so he went around back and tried getting in our back door with no luck so then he took off a screen from our window and couldn't get in. Thankfully at that point he gave up and left. Apparently there was some surveillance team watching the guy so they are going to arrest him and let me know. Crazy though and pretty freaky! I am seriously just glad I wasn't home because I would have completely freaked out especially since I don't ever answer the door unless Dave is home or I know who is there. I would have freaked if I heard someone in our backyard! I just feel so blessed that we were protected and that Heavenly Father was watching out for us!

3 comments:

Travis and Britni said...

Oh my word. I had no idea. That is crazy. I'm glad you weren't home too. I'm also glad the police were doing surveillance. What a blessing.

The Matthews Family said...

Ok, that is interesting because last night someone rang our doorbell. I was right by it, so I went to open it and no one was there. So I walked all the way out of the house. It was some teenage boys on bikes. It makes me wonder... (by the way, one of the boys mooned me when I got all the way out... lovely...). Scary!

Holly Hunt said...

Oh man Danielle...I'm very grateful you were away as well. Did I ever tell you when Russ and I were home, and a guy was cutting through our window screen, trying to get inside LOL! We had just gotten home with our new bullets for our gun too. Anyways, the guy was obviously on drugs, and he left when I ran outside and called the cops.