Wednesday, October 20, 2010

AVA














Well I am finally getting around to posting on our other computer with the newer pics of Ava. I haven't wanted to because it has been so hot in our upstairs study where the computer is (since we turn our air off during the day to save $). But I am actually really cold right now (probably because I just got drenched in the rain and haven't fully dried yet) so I figured it was a perfect time to post.
So our little Ava turned 18 months on September 28th. I can't believe she's that old. It's sad how quickly they grow up but so fun watching them grow. She went to Nursery for the first time two Sundays ago and I was the only one getting teary eyed. Ava didn't even look back. She is such a social little girl and truly isn't afraid of anyone or anything. It is kind of a good thing and a bad thing especially when we are out and she goes up to some pretty interesting people to say hi and wanting to sit on their lap. She is pretty crazy and it does make me slightly nervous sometimes, but I love her little personality. She is such a fun little girl to be around and keeps me on my toes. She also helps me to be more social which is good for me. I love our sweet, little Ava.
We had her 18 month check up last week and she is now 21 pounds (8th percentile) and 31 inches (31 percentile). Still our little runt but growing. I don't know how she stays so small since she is constantly begging for food all day long and eats a ton. It must be her great metabolism because she is always on the go and doesn't stop till bed time. I just can't believe my baby isn't a baby any more...
For some reason I can't write captions under the pics that I post so I will explain them down here. The first pic is of Ava playing the piano - which she loves to do - thankfully we don't have one :).
Ava's new favorite thing is swinging on mine and Dave's legs and saying "Weee" it's pretty cute and a great leg workout!
We also had a hail storm here a few weeks ago. They were larger than golf balls and I thought our house was going to fall to the ground when it started. I had no idea what was happening :). It was pretty cool though and we're just glad nothing got damaged.
We took Ava to Peter Piper Pizza to play the games and she had a blast! It was so fun watching her get so excited. If you look close enough in our family shots you can see that I am growing quite plumply :). Sorry I don't plan on posting any pics of my growing baby belly. If you want to see it just come visit me :) Oh and for those that haven't seen my highlighted hair that I did a while back you can see it in the last shot. The end!

5 comments:

Paul said...

It is good to see chubby again:)

Jessica and Rod said...

That first picture Ave looks like a little mini-Danielle. What is it like to have a child that looks like you? :)

Mandy and Mark said...

Aaaa! She got huge! What happened to little baby Ava? And why on earth do you and Jessica get to have kids with hair? Madelyn is completely bald. Just like her siblings were. Until they were 2. Sensing the resentment?

Anonymous said...

She is growing up so fast!! She is a cutie.

Anonymous said...

LOVE THE GOLF BALL HAIL! LOVE YOUR DARLING LITTLE AVA! LOVE YOUR WONDERFUL FAMILY! LOVE YOUR HAIR!