Yesterday was Ava's half birthday (she turned 6 months old for those of you who don't know what that is) and we decided we needed to celebrate! Actually it was just an excuse for me to make a cake and practice my cake decorating (which has been greatly lacking).
Since it was her "half" birthday I made a half cake (I stole the idea from a friend). It was a lot of fun to do though. (And no we aren't going to celebrate every half birthday she ever has.. just this one)
Here is the happy half birthday girl with her daddy
And with her mommy
Isn't she so cute! She doesn't have teeth even though this picture kinda makes it look like it.
Waiting to eat the cake...
Going for it...
She got it!! No I didn't let her eat the cake even though she pulled some fast ones on me and got some of the fondant in her mouth before I could stop her... But I did let her take a chunk out of it with her hands. Another reason to celebrate yesterday was after Ava's orthopedic doctor appointment yesterday where they told us she didn't have to wear her hip brace at night anymore!! YAY!! No more brace forever!
Happy Half Birthday Ava!!








4 comments:
What a cutie!
The cake is so cute- you are so talented at that, you could've charged me like 300 dollars or more for that amazing cake you did for my wedding. I will never ever forget that you know. And you with all your cake decorating books and supplies. You are awesome! Your girl is adorable!
cute cake
What the cute!!!! McKenna can never see Ava's half birthday cake because she will be jealous! Seriously... adorable!!!!!!
Cute cute idea, whomever came up with it!
Such a sweet, cute looking babe!
Post a Comment